PRE-PROPOSAL PREPARATION PROCESS
The research project leader shall send a letter of intent to use the Station to the TFS Associate Science Director, PO Box 757000, Fairbanks AK 99775-7000. The letter should convey the following information:
- Abstract of proposed research.
- Principal Investigator(s) Institution
- Proposed userdays.
- Proposed research site locations.
- Station lab space, logistic support & science support need.
A determination will be made as to whether the Station can accommodate your proposal.
FUNDED PROJECT AWARD NOTIFICATION
The following information shall be submitted to Institute of Arctic Biology Logistics Office for each project requesting space and userday reservations. This information is necessary for new projects, returning projects, and projects with anticipated funding. The information is due by March 1st. If the project was funded by NSF we just need the award number.
- Principal Investigator
- Home Institution
- Funding agency
- Grant number
- Amount of funding
- Duration of funding
- Abstract of project
- Roster of project members/staff
- User days requested
- Purchase order (if you anticipate paying for userdays or supplies)
- Copy of all permits
- Location of research/collection sites.
Research Site Coordination with TFS GIS Department
Research Site Land Use Permits from BLM
- Make reservations here.
- Questions about userday fees? Contact Mike Abels (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Laboratory work space assignments are made by the Fairbanks Logistic Office staff before the start of the field season. Initial requests for space assignments should be submitted to IAB Logistic Services before March 1st. The Station Manager will coordinate reallocation of space during the field season. Please convey the following:
- Type of bench space needed: standing, sitting?
- How many people will need to work at the same time?
- Electrical power requirements: amps, outlets?
- Will you need a fume hood?
- Will you use compressed gases, flammable?
- Hazardous materials storage, special needs?