EDC Data - Conditions of Use
Permission to use the data from the Toolik EDC site is granted to the data user free of charge subject to the following terms:
- Acceptable use. Use of the dataset will be restricted to academic, research, educational, government, recreational, or other not-for-profit professional purposes.
- Redistribution. The data are provided for use by the data user. The metadata and this license must accompany all copies made and be available to all users of this dataset.
- Citation. The data user will properly cite the dataset in any publications or in the metadata of any derived data products that were produced using the dataset. For example:
Environmental Data Center Team. Year of data retrieval. Meteorological monitoring program at Toolik, Alaska. Toolik Field Station, Institute of Arctic Biology, University of Alaska Fairbanks, Fairbanks, AK 99775. http://toolik.alaska.edu/edc/abiotic_monitoring/data_query.php
- Acknowledgement. The data user should acknowledge any institutional support or specific funding awards referenced in the metadata accompanying this dataset in any publications where the dataset contributed significantly to its content. For example:
Datasets were provided by the Toolik Field Station Environmental Data Center. This material is based upon work supported by the National Science Foundation under grants #455541 and 1048361.
- Notification. The data user will notify the dataset contact when any derivative work or publication based on or derived from the dataset is distributed. The data user will provide the data contact with two reprints of any publications resulting from use of the dataset and will provide copies, or on-line access to, any derived digital products.
- Disclaimer. While substantial efforts are made to ensure the accuracy of data and documentation contained in this dataset, complete accuracy of data and metadata cannot be guaranteed. All data and metadata are made available "as is".
To access the EDC Weather Data, Plant Phenology Data, and Avian Point Count Data, you must agree to these conditions by entering your name, institution, and email address and checking the 'I Agree' box.
Once you have agreed to these conditions, a session will be started that will last as long as your browser is open (up to 24 hours). If you close your browser and come back to these data pages, you will need to agree to these conditions again.
Contact UAF-IAB-TFS-Metstation@alaska.edu with any questions, comments, or requests regarding Toolik metstation data.